Car Care Tips for winter months
At Colony Tire, we believe that following a good maintenance schedule is the key to preserving the exceptional performance of your vehicle. Our seasonal car tips below will help you stay on track.
Wet Driving Tips
- Always drive with two hands.
- Slow down before turning, and maintain a consistent speed throughout the turn.
- While turning, don’t make any sudden steering wheel movements.
- Only brake in a straight line before the turn, and do so gradually. Do not brake during the turn.
- Significantly increase your following distance from other cars.
- If hydroplaning, do not accelerate or brake suddenly. Keep your foot lightly on the gas and steer the car forward until your tires regain traction.
Recommended Spring Services
Breathe easier with a new cabin air filter!
If you change your air filters at home, have you considered your car’s cabin air filter? Most people don’t think about the filter in your car, but it helps protect those with allergies from airborne particles. It also helps keep the interior of your vehicle clean and fresh. And lastly, it purifies the air in your passenger compartment by filtering pollen, dust and other contaminants.
How did your wipers work the last time it rained?
Be clear, be safe. Let us check your wiper blades today.
Is your vehicle about to have a stroke?
Your vehicle’s engine and cooling system are like its heart and arteries! Deposits can build up, restricting the flow of liquids vital to the life of your car. Ask us about our cooling system services to keep your engine running clean, clear and cool.
Do you say a little prayer before you pass?
In a passing situation, you want your engine operating at peak performance. Whether you accelerate smoothly or sputter and strain past that truck depends a lot on a clean fuel system. Ask us about our fast and inexpensive fuel system services.
Does your power steering still have that smooth, easy feel?
Old and dirty fluid or low fluid levels drain the power and make steering hard! For maximum control and driving safety, your power steering system should be kept clean. Ask us to check the condition of your system today.
Tire Pressure Tips
- Make sure you check your tire pressure regularly (including the spare) — at least once per month and before every long trip — and keep it at the level recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- The correct cold inflation pressure for your tires is listed on the vehicle label on the door post, fuel door, glove box or in the owners' manual. "Cold inflation pressure" refers to the pressure in a tire that has not been driven for at least three hours. As tires warm during driving, it is normal for pressure to build up. Never reduce air pressure when tires are hot.
- The tire pressure listed on your sidewalls is the maximum pressure and is not intended to serve as notification of the correct pressure.
- Under inflation creates excessive stress and heat, and may lead to tire failure. It is also important to guard against over inflation, which can cause uneven wear, plus handling and stopping problems.
- Vehicles equipped with Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) can help motorists detect loss of inflation pressure. Federal regulations require TPMS to warn drivers when tires are 25% under inflated. For many vehicles this warning may be too late to prevent damage caused by under inflation. TPMS units are NOT a replacement for monthly tire pressure checks with a gauge.
You might also like
AAA 65-Piece Winter Severe Weather Travel Kit
Automotive Parts and Accessories (AAA)
Vegas car wash regs upset mobile operators — Las Vegas Review-Journal
A mobile car wash detailer, who refused to give his name, washes a vehicle in a parking lot along Rancho Drive near Bonanza Road in Las Vegas on Friday, Sept. 12, 2014.
JJ Cole Car Seat Cover, Khaki
Baby Product (JJ Cole)
AAA (4390AAA) 66-Piece Severe Weather Road Kit
Automotive Parts and Accessories (AAA)
Auto Care Products Inc 51010 10-Feet Tsunami Seal Garage Door Threshold Seal Kit, Gray
Home Improvement (Auto Care Products Inc.)
myLife Black and White - Shield Armour Series (Neo Hypergrip Flex Gel) 3 Piece Case for iPhone 5/5S (5G) 5th Generation Smartphone by Apple (External 2 Piece Fitted On Hard Rubberized Plates + Internal Soft Silicone Easy Grip Bumper Gel)
Wireless (myLife Brand Products)