Best eye glasses Cleaners
“If the eye does not want to see, neither light nor glasses will help.”
- German Proverb
Eyeglasses are prone to buildup of natural oils from your hands, face, and eyelashes, creating a sticky layer of dirt and grime.
This tends to give you a blurry vision through the glasses and the most convenient way to remove this buildup is to wipe it off with the corner of your shirt.
The shirt, however, is bound to carry particles of dust that can scratch the lenses while wiping them clean. Hence, you need to find better ways to clean your glasses.
The good news is that you need not rely on expensive cleaners as just a mild soap is sufficient for the job. Plus, the American Optometric Association (AOA) recommends cleaning your eyeglasses daily, preferably in the morning.
Interestingly, there are people who occasionally tend to put an arm of the frame in their mouth or against their lips. This is believed to be a reassurance gesture. Moreover, it works as a tactic for stalling or delaying decisions.
If you are habituated to these gestures, make sure you clean the frame and earpieces of your eyeglasses thoroughly as they are likely to collect a buildup of makeup and hair products.
Steps for Cleaning
- You must have observed that the nose pads in your eyeglasses tend to collect dirt and grime over a period of time. To clean this gunk off, you can use a soft toothbrush. Make sure you do not brush it against the lenses though, as it may cause scratches.
- Wipe off the excess water with a soft and clean cotton cloth. Wipe one lens at a time in side to side motions applying a mild and even pressure.
Finally, buff the lenses with the dry portion of the cotton cloth or simply a microfiber cloth.
- For minor smudges on the glasses during the day, keep a soft microfiber cloth handy for dry touch-ups.
- Never clean your glasses with ammonia or bleach-based cleaners. Window cleaners and even vinegar are also usually not recommended for this purpose. The reason is that the chemicals in these cleaners are likely to strip the optical coating off the lenses.
- Do not clean your eye glasses with a cloth or paper towel as they tend to leave behind lint. Moreover, using rough materials on the lenses can lead to scratches.
You might also like
Ultra Clarity Lens Cleaner 1 oz Spray Bottle and 6 oz Refill Bottle, Biodegradable Lens Cleaning Spray, Professional Lens Cleaning Kit, For Standard & Anti Reflective Lenses
Health and Beauty (Nanofilm)
Zimmer Holdings Announces Live Audio Webcast and Conference Call of Third .. — CNNMoney
A news release detailing the quarterly results will be made available at 7 a.m. Eastern Time the morning of the conference call. ZIMMER, INC. ..
MagikCleen. Superior Premium Microfiber Cleaning Cloths for cleaning Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, Cameras, iPads, Hand Held Video Games, Eyeglasses, Sunglasses, Electronics(5 pack-4+1 bonus). Free Economy shipping available at checkout.
What is the easiest eyeglass cleaner?
There are many easy eyeglass cleaners in the world. The easiest eyeglass cleaner is called the Uline pop-up lens cleaning wipes. The Uline pop-up lens cleaning wipes can be purchased on the official Uline webpage.
How To Make Eyeglass Cleaner
I have been using graded eyeglasses ever since I was a teenager in order to correct my defective vision, a condition I inherited from my parents and from reading too much. Not being able to afford a laser eye treatment costing hundreds of dollars to get back my eyes to its 20/20 vision, I have been constantly wearing eyeglasses to be able to see from afar as well as to read even the small prints. Wearing eyeglasses all the time, however, creates the problem for me of having to clean my eyeglass lenses many times during the day due to their constant exposure to dust and other pollutants.…